Updating - was: [TCML] RF Grounding

Hi Bart, Richard, All,

    I agree that no author can (or should) be required  to change their
documents. People who disagree should write their own. Now, if  an author desires
to stay up with current thinking, they MAY feel compelled to  issue updates, or
they may let historical documents stand as just that, a  historical document.
    The problem occurs when, with the passage of time,  pioneering works
start to take on the mythic aura of scripture, and it  becomes difficult to
separate what is best understanding from what was best  understanding from what was
op/ed. One has only to look at the junk that has  grown up around Tesla's
speculations, as well as his achievements, or consider  that many areas of science
were held back for decades because "Aristotle  said...." was considered
adequate scientific proof.
    Any document is partially out of date at the time  it is published. Of
course, newbies and neophytes have the most difficulty in  separating what is
still valid from what is dated, but that will always be  true. Keeping
information up to date on the latest thinking through  iterations is, IMO, a major
service that this list performs.

Matt D.

In a message dated 3/7/08 11:41:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,