Re: [TCML] Trouble with eBay wire

I had the same thing happen once from an eBay buy. I however found it prior to winding the coil by weighing the spool. I realized the spool cylinder weight was not deducted from the weight. I just ate the incident and chalked it up to experience (buy from my local source). You might simply weigh the empty spool cylinder and see if that equates to the missing turn weight. If that's the case, maybe you can ask the seller if he counts turns or weighs the spool.

In any event, 910 turns will work just as good as a 1000 turn coil.

Take care,
Bart

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:
I bought 24 AWG wire from an eBay dealer named Jim Whyte. He has thousands of sales already so I figure that he's legit. My purchase was supposed to be 1000' of 24 AWG copper magnet wire. I got my shipment within the allotted time. I began to wrap my secondary coil. I was going for 20" tall, 4" diameter. After hand winding all the wire, I measure the wind and find it to be only 17.5" long. After some crude calculations, I found the total length of the wire to be about 910'.

I emailed the seller to get a new coil of magnet wire, and he assures me that he sent me exactly 1000' and won't be sending me another coil. What should I do about this? Should I contact PayPal and dispute the order? _______________________________________________
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx