RE: [TCML] Series Transformers

2970V @800mA will be challenging.  Despite many who thought 4kV is too low for a coil, I built a very efficient coil using a 4kV/20mA NST, using a single static cylinder gap.  While it may be possible to get a static gap to work at 2970V, the 800mA part may be difficult to quench.  At that low a voltage, an RSG is probably not advisable.  You would also need a very large cap to utilize the full potential of that power supply.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA