Re: [TCML] meter

May be true Gary. I guess now even the 37XR is obsolete and Amprobe is taking over. Will be interesting to see how they do. But, those of us with the 27XT will have to wait on those that are forced to buy these other meters.

Bart

Lau, Gary wrote:
I'm not at all sure I would recommend the 37XR.  It looks to me like it cannot measure inductance at all, and the lowest capacitance range has a poor resolution of 1nF.  While it does measure frequency, I would choose to measure L and C over C and F, and the original meter that started this thread (http://cgi.ebay.com/3-1-2-LCD-Inductor-Capacitor-LC-Meter-2nF-200uF-2mH-20H_W0QQitemZ280232348312QQihZ018QQcategoryZ66991QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ) appears to do both C and L well, and for a bargain price.  It may be that finding C, L, and F capability all in one meter is a lot to ask for since the end of 27XT's.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA