Re: [TCML] Chicago Science & Industry Tesla Coils (& flat ribbon primary)

Hi Conor,

ConorPerry@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2rfymmf.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rfymmf&s=4

I'd love to build a coil like this, very mad scientist looking!!! But haven't been able to get JAVATC to agree with any of these parameters ... wish I had taken measurements while I was standing in front of it!
You'll never get the program to work for ribbon primaries. There is a separate inductance calculator at my sight for ribbon primaries and based on Kurt Schraners assessment of CBS No.74, and it's very accurate (just tested it myself on a 13.5 turn ribbon primary).
http://www.classictesla.com/java/flatribbon/flatribbon.html

Take care,
Bart