[TCML] Line Filter Rating

I think I want to put a line filter on my coil, so I won't have to unplug
everything in my house before I turn it on.  I have no clue what filter to
buy.  I'm using a 9/30 NST.  What specifications should my line filter have
to protect my house?  Also, do I ground it to the house or the RF ground.

One more question.  What's the cheapest way to ground my coil, but with
safety in mind?  I don't want to pound 10 8' copper pipes in my lawn.  I
have some spare HV wire lying around (about 1/2" thick) could I strip about
5' of it and shove it in the ground?  What our my options for grounding?

John Matok