Re: AW: [TCML] COUNTERPOISE

Hi Fritz, I've only built one, so I can't tell you the optimal number of wires. I used 12 bare copper wires across the diameter, tied and soldered in the middle with another loop of wire for the secondary connection, and spread at 15 degree intervals. One could use 18 wires at 10 degrees. I don't know if you should go with less than 12 wires (24 spokes) because it should "look" dense to the RF.

Matt D."

	LaPorte's "Radio Antenna Engineering" has some interesting data on effect of the number of radials on a grounded vertical tower.   My copy is at work but as I recall, if the radials are equal in length to the height of the tower the advance gained in increasing from 4 to 8 are small and beyond that point not of much benefit to anyone who isn't in commercial operation.   I'll try to remember to copy the relevant charts.

Ed