RE: [TCML] Multilayered Secondary Coils

Jim, Chris,

I should have made of a YouTube video of that process.   Maybe I will the next one.  It might have to come with a Rating though.  Trying to hand-feed wire that's passed through 180 degree wax/rosin gets a little trying.  This time I wore two latex gloves and a stainless steel chain-mail glove, covered in a third latex glove.  I can still feel things the next day, not the case with the first coil.  How can you protect your hands from hot wax and still move your fingers to wind a tedious coil!?  And worse, how do you take photos of something when your fingers are too covered in wax to push the buttons on the camera!  And BEES!  I was surrounded by at least a dozen bees at all times.  I guess they smelled the beeswax?   That was one of the strangest things...we haven't seen bees here in ages...its was like they showed up out of nowhere.  The neighbours are still making fun of me for having the photo of Kinraide sitting at the table.

Jeff> From: wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [TCML] Multilayered Secondary Coils> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:15:26 -0700> CC: > > Yes, and stunning patience and attention to detail!> Jim Mora> > -----Original Message-----> From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf> Of Chris Swinson> Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:59 PM> To: Tesla Coil Mailing List> Subject: Re: [TCML] Multilayered Secondary Coils> > That looks really cool Jeff! Can't wait for more :-)> > Chris