From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of William Noble
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:49 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Disassebling a huge transformer

if anyone is interested, I have a large constant voltage (saturable core
type) power supply - this ought to be ready to go as a ballast or whatever -
it's heavy and in my way - weighs somewhere between 100 and 200 pounds, I
suppose - if memory serves, it;s 1600 watt capacity - in a metal case with
outlets, 110 v cord and stuff - I'm near los angeles - scrap price for
something like this is around 50 cents per pound, or I could cut the copper
off and throw the rest away - but maybe someone here can use it.  $35 to $50
and it's yours.  if interested, just let me know off the list.  This came
out of a doctor's office a long time ago - it protected a old 8080 based
computer (altair?) used for billing.  I've had it for decades, time for it
to go.

bill n> From: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [TCML]
Disassebling a huge transformer> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:55:16 +0000> CC:
> > Hi Garry,> > If you could find you a nice large isolation transformer
like> this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/2682686962/> in my
Green Monster control panel, there wouldn't be any > need to tear apart the
core. The isolation tranny pictured is > a Toshiba 10 kVA rated (extremely
overbuilt for this rating)> 240 volt - 120/208/240 volt transformer. I say
that it's ex-> tremely overbuilt in that it weighs over 230 lbs. and I
regularly> process 20 kVA through it for shirt runs without a hitch. I'm>
not sure exactly what it come out of but am reasonably sure > that it was is
some type of medical environment. The source> that I obtained it from was
the same one time source of x-ray> transformers. Unfortunately, that source
seems to have now> dried up ;^(>