Re: [TCML] Spark gap assembly, acrylic?? and toroid size

Hi Gary,

I didn't have much problem tapping UHMW PE, except there's a lot of friction on the tap. Same with acyrlic. Ive seen taps actually melt the plastic when tapping.

David Weiss

I guess I wrote from a machinist's perspective. Very soft plastics like polyethylene cannot easily be machined to a high tolerance in the same manor as say Lexan or Delrin. It's not to say that it cannot be cut or drilled, just that it won't come out as nice. Tapping is also likely to be a problem.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA