RE: [TCML] Breakout Point

That's a great question!  I almost always use a breakout point, as I try to use the largest top load possible in my coils, since this almost always results in the best performance.  But being so large, it often fails to break out smoothly without the aid of a break out point, and racing sparks may otherwise result.

I have also found that the nature of the "point" matters.  I think I get better performance if I use a ball or sphere rather than just a pointy wire, but I haven't done extensive comparisons.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA