Re: [TCML] How much CFM is needed for an RQSG on a 12/60 powered coil?

Hi Vinnie,

I think you have asked one of the quantitatively least-studied Tesla coil
related questions. I think the best information you will get is someone saying
"I used this size and I've had no problems yet." You will then have to guess
how  closely your gap resembles theirs. An analytical answer would depend on
the  shape, size, material and orientation of each component of your gap well as
the  ambient conditions, as it involves conduction, convection, and radiation
in  three dimensions, where the energy being dissipated can only be
estimated, and  the properties of the materials change with time and oxidation - not a
trivial thermodynamics problem. This is still in the "cut and try" state of
the  art.

Matt D.

In a message dated 2/10/08 8:31:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,