Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi David,

Regarding the MOT being more pig like than NST like - this is certain. The difference being the output voltage and core size (thus, saturation level). The MOT's inductances are similar to large transformer inductances, but their cores are small in comparison to what their inductances are capable of, thus, their great for short activity if run at their normal inputs. But time on is part of the MOT's "not so great areas". It's not a transformer that I would push for one of those 1/2 hour runs (well, I would push it anyway, but I'm not sure how hot or how long the transformer would deal with the heat).

The coupling is not surprising to me. It is a typical transformer coupling curve that I've seen before and the values are right in the mix of what we would expect. For myself, the surprise was the power related issues. The transformer is wired for high power, but the core size is small for the power it is capable of (so thermal losses will take their toll if not somehow reduced).

Take care,
Bart