Re: [TCML] Skin effect

Hi Carey,
Down towards the bottom of the page, you will find an underlined "Click Here To Enter Museum". Click on that and you will find a bunch of sub categories to browse.

Frank

At 09:11 AM 12/18/2008 -0500, you wrote:
Frank,

I tried to access your bookmark and was parked at their homepage only.
How do you access the search function or go inside?

Carey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank" <fxrays@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Skin effect

Hi Christopher,

You might consider looking at 1920's medical papers as well. They used spark gap Tesla and D'Arsonval machines for surgery. In some of the Fischer Diathermy manuals of that period they always suggested the Doctor practice on pieces of meat before using it on a patient! They showed photographs of the desiccation of tissue with different shaped objects.
There is a spark gap machine still widely used today called a Bovie.

There are modern machines still in use for this same purpose and if you could contact the vendors they might shed some light on the best frequencies for different applications. One such machine is called a hyfrecator and is used to remove surface growths and etc.

An on line source to view the older manuals is: http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/

Frank