Re: [TCML] Primary Grounding was [Control Cabinet ...

This argument has been expressed here many times, but some how it just doesn't seem convincing.? My EE hat can certainly understand the math, but by sparky hat tells me that the micro-thin polypropylene doesn't care about physics?and that an instantaneous voltage difference of 100kv+?could be seen across that poor poly.? I'm thinking localized voltage difference, not total capacitor charge.??Do we?have any?proof for this theory other than the admittedly amazing survivability of our caps when we DO get direct hits??

Conservation of energy will not allow the primary cap to be recharged by a
streamer-strike to a higher voltage than before the gap fire.