Re: [TCML] Running a TC in snow

Hi All,

This primary design might work great for outdoor coiling in wet enviroment.

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/ch2004/pages/IMG_4911.htm

I machined the primary into UHMW PE and covered with smoked acrylic. Rubber gasket material could be used to further waterproof the primary against water seeping into the primary.

David E Weiss

TCML,

Bill Wysock installed a waterproof resonator (the SG10-MC, the magnifier version of our SG10-TC, was in a climate controlled doghouse) at the Haunted Laboratory in Akron OH. The owner reports that the coil works in rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow.

So the answer is yes and no.... There are parts that can get wet and parts that can't.

Since I remember the magnifier version of our standard kicked out arcs about 3' longer that the two coil version, Nick and I are winding a set of new coils for the SG10-TC that we have at the shop to do some side by side comparasons of two and three coil setups. More to come.

Jeff