RE: [TCML] Re: IGBT CM600 max current ?

I'm still trying to understand the relationship between resonant frequency,
break rate, and primary drive current when using IGBTs.  Greg says the break
rate is limited only by the RMS current capacity of the transistor.  From
what you say, as the break rate is increased so that it is fully into the
ringdown, i.e., 100% undamped CW operation, the primary current can only be
1/10 of the device rating.  I think that is what you mean by, "It is going
to be lower by an order of magnitude."  Do I have this right?  Is this a
requirement to prevent overheating?  What about the number of primary turns
and the coefficient of coupling?

Another factor must be the maximum switching speed of the device.  What is
this for the CM600?

> Could you post a schematic?

I use a simple single power MOSFET circuit designed by Gary Johnson a number
of years ago:
http://www.teslaradio.com/images/glj-3.gif ,
http://www.teslaradio.com/images/glj-8.gif .
See also USING POWER MOSFETS to Drive Resonant Transformers
http://www.teslaradio.com/pages/driver.htm .

G.P.

P.S. Why is it that my posts show up with "SPAM-LOW: " stuck in front of the
Subject?