Re: [TCML] Smallest gauge magnet wire for Secondary?

Use the largest dia sec possible for max output.  If you use a 12" sec coil,
then 4.5:1 h/d produces a 54 inch winding length.

Go up a bit from 1000 turns if possible.

At 1,300 turns over 54 inches, then the math becomes:

54" winding length / 1,300 turns  =  .0415"  = 41.5 mils wire OD.

Using double build sec insulation, the closet fit is 20 AWG double insulated
magnet wire.

Top it off with a 24 x 5 or 30 x 8 inch dia toroid for high output.

Dr. Resonance