From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 1:32:34 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Best bottle cap electrolytes, was re:HV capacitors wanted

I'm not an authority on this topic, but, there's plain tap water, deionized water, and distilled water, all very different.  I believe that to be used as an insulating dielectric, several stringent requirements exist.  Most importantly, it must be extremely pure and deionized, with a continuous deionizing filter pump.  And beyond that, the charge and discharge cycles must be extremely brief.  Our caps have some charge on them pretty much all the time.

The person who suggested using plain tap water rather than brine was not suggesting using distilled or deionized water, and it wasn't clear whether there was any salt residue in the bottles.

I didn't understand "If it is the results of minerals, how could this be repeated anywhere else?"

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA