From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Lau, Gary
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:35 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Best bottle cap electrolytes, was re:HV capacitors
wanted

While studies have been made comparing the conductivities of various
electrolytes, it may be worthwhile to compare actual spark performance of
electrolytes.  Someone recently mentioned to me off-list that his experience
was that plain water appeared to work as well as brine.  I have no further
information about this; I can't comment on the purity of the plain water or
the accuracy and test conditions of the comparison.

Who knows, it may just be a hasty observation, or it may be that electrolyte
losses at RF frequencies don't correlate to DC measurements.  Or that all
such losses pale in comparison to gap losses.  It _would_ be nice to use
just pure, non-corrosive water.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA