Re: [TCML] Salient Pole Query

Unfortunately, I just experienced modern (7 year old) dryer motor construction. The thing is literally glued together, with no good way to break it apart. Mine seized up a week ago, and I tried to tear it apart to see if I could do anything with the bearings. Well, there were no real bearings (at least as I define them). Fortunately, I found one on eBay for $25 (for my dryer). You may need to look for older motors than mine to be able to do anything with them.

I used to complain about having to drill out rivets (instead of screws). Now we have to find a way to grind away glue!

Adam