[TCML] Salient Pole Query

Hello.

I am thinking of a SRSG as my next 'project' and have looked into salient
pole motors converted from induction motors. My own motor has very little
info on the label so I am unsure as to its suitability.

The website at

http://evolve000.4hv.org/tesla/tc2srsg.html

describes the work involved and my motor does indeed look similar, although
my armature has individual segments on its surface, whilst the webpage
example has a plainer looking armature.

Could someone look at my temporary page at

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/follies/temp/temp.html

and let me know if my motor is indeed suitable.

My motor though is rated at 1425 rpm, while the web article only describes
1750 (needs 4 flats) & 3450 (needs 2 flats) rpm motors however.

I am UK based at 50 cycles is that the reason for the difference?

Regards

Phil