Re: [TCML] Rectifying a Tesla coil

Hi,

A cold elecrode tube device, essentially based on the "point and plate" principle, is called "Villard Valve", see:

http://danielgiroux.neuf.fr/page304.htm

By good luck I was getting hold of a nice specimen:

http://home.datacomm.ch/m.schraner/Villard0696k.jpg
http://home.datacomm.ch/m.schraner/Villard0699k.jpg

I tested it, and the tube is working fine:
http://home.datacomm.ch/m.schraner/Villard0700k.jpg

However I don't operate it for extended time, in order to avoid exposure to the unknown amount of X-Rax radiation. (Didn't yet try to charge a capacitive device).

Regards,
Kurt

Sfxneon@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 8/29/2008 1:52:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,