[TCML] Specs on the 31915 100 kV, 44 uF Maxwells

Hi all,

I was able to obtain this info of those colossal Maxwell pulse
caps that I was talking about:

From: Joel Ennis [mailto:Joel.Ennis@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:15 AM
To: Fire Station 26
Cc: Bob Cooper
Subject: RE: 31915 Maxwell caps

David,

PN 31915 is rated at 0.44 uF 100 kV with a design life of 6200 cycles at 100 kV and 20% VR.

The curves for life vs % charge voltage and life vs % voltage reversal are at the bottom of the webpage
 http://www.gaep.com/series-s-ss-capacitors.html

 Not a very impressive life cycle expectancy, especially since
I have no idea of how much life that they have left, but since I
plan on seriesing 3 of them to get the C down to more managable
"Tesla coil" dimensions, their life expectancy should be increased
by a good number of orders of magnitude, since I would never,
under any circumstance that I know of, exceed 30 kVAC applied
voltage to the entire series, shouldn't it?

--
David Rieben