RE: [TCML] Hazards of Asynchronious arc gaps?

Bart wrote:
> The em fields are intensified as are the nasty transients

The only thing different about using a low BPS rotary gap is the cap is likely to charge to a higher voltage than is normally safe, and when the gap does fire, it will simply be a bigger bang.  I don't know that EM fields are commonly the source of household damage, but everything will simply scale by the bang size.  Same with the transients.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA