Re: [TCML] Credit where credit is due!

Hey Jeff..

you hold the most outstanding amount of credits for tesla coil usage in film, advertising, etc than anyone else that I can think of ( and imagine I thought I had a awesome position in that same arena when a picture of my coil was posted on the wall of the room of the dead guy in a movie where you had to stop the film and zoom in just to see the reversed image of the bigpig running) ... I'm just an average coiler with an average knowledge of coils...havent done anything spectacular as many others have done as far as making quantum jumps in coiling progression ( Terry filters, DC musical, etc...) I just love coiling as for what it offers.... the ability to turn wall socket voltage into 10'+ length bolts of simulated lightning :)~~

Scot D

Jeff W. Parisse wrote:

8.10.08

In the late 70's when I became interested in Tesla coils, there were only a few people nationwide that built them. I lived in Washington D.C. and the closest Tesla coil builder was Jim Roddy in Maryland. Jim suggested I contact Bill Wysock, D.C. Cox and Harry Goldman, who, as it turns out, was about to start publishing a Tesla Coil newsletter via mail (Al Gore had not yet invented the Internet). Thank you Harry.

During my first phone call with D.C. Cox in 1980, he ended the call with: "Give it up kid! Your gonna kill yourself!". Click. ...

I remember that call, as if it were yesterday, as the call to action that would shape the course of my life forever. I would hold many jobs between that day and today (pro drummer, software company founder, graphic artist) but it was D.C.'s prodding that kept me fired up about Tesla. Thank you D.C..

Bill Wysock is the designer and chief engineer of the machines we use at kVA Effects. As flattering as it is to hear "Jeff's Team and Jeff's Coils", etc., the truth remains that I am simply providing capital, infrastructure, material improvements and team management. Bill is the historically significant figure here; I'm just bringing his work and the inventions of Nikola Tesla to the stage and screen. Nick Ritter is most responsible for the construction of the SG line of Tesla coils. Thank you Nick.

Someday, I will commit to paper my story on meeting Bill Wysock for the first time as he is obviously one of the most significant people in my life. Words, written or spoken will never adequately express the admiration and gratitude for the man who so willingly allowed me to stand upon his shoulders. Thank you Bill.

If one must give me credit, then be it for bringing the forgotten works of Nikola Tesla into the public eye. Movies (Triple X, The Prestige), television commercials (too many) , print ads (too many), stock photography (Artbeats), product rollouts (Microsoft XP, Mercedes-Benz AMG, etc.), television shows (Fear Factor, Jeopardy!, etc.) and theater (Young Frankenstein the Musicial). Thank you TCML.

Jeff W. Parisse
Director, kVA Effects
www.teslacoil.com