Re: [TCML] Toroid Problems

Hey Nicholas...

Good start on the coil...
I do like the adjustability of the safety gap by rotation of the electrodes!!! The spark gap is very reminiscent of the SD gap !!
Things to consider on the next system would be to
use aluminum duct tape to cover the toriod instead of foil
using a several windings of #12 wire from the base of the secondary to ground using the notched primary holder instead of the "hole" style mount ( makes life so much easier to lay in the primary)

for some thoughts see this page
http://members.cox.net/bunnikillr/bigpig.html

Scot D

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:

I just posted a set of pictures of my coil on Flickr.com. By the way Neal, the Science and Surplus store that I was at was located at 5316 N. Milwaukee Avenue, right where 90 merges with 94.

Here's the link to my set of pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/sets/72157606573696858/

Thanks for all your help

Nicholas Goble