RE: [TCML] First (or maybe 2nd) light on my medium-sized SG coil

It's not even clear that maximizing peak primary current by minimizing inductance is a good thing.  Assuming that Fpri=Fsec is maintained, a lower primary inductance will indeed maximize primary current, but this also increases spark gap losses.  The experience of myself and others is that higher inductance primary coils give better performance.  Granted, primary resistive losses may be greater, but apparently not as great as the higher gap losses with low inductance primaries.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA