Re: [TCML] Small coil results

Yep, I've gotta agree with Scott on this one, too. 5,000 BPS seems EXREME
for a
standard SG driven coil. At 10,000 RPM, it would require 30 flying
electrodes to
on the rotary disc to achieve sufficient presentations to accomplish 5,000
BPS!
This would NOT be a trivial ARSG to construct for reliable operation. Are
you
sure that you didn't mean 500 BPS, which would be a much more reasonable
BPS goal range for a typical ARSG driven coil system?

Also, I wouldn't think that even the most robust, high rep rate pulse caps
withstand very much of a 5,000 BPS abuse without suffering a premature
death.

David Rieben

PS- Scott, I think you probably meant to say a "conventional rotary spark
gap" instead
of a "conventional static spark gap", as a static SG will only fire a BPS
rate that is mar-
ginally faster than the mains line frequency, depending on the size of the
tank cap
vs. the power rating of the transformer. 5,000 BPS SURE wouldn't be
accomplished
on a STATIC spark gap with standard 50 or 60 hz line frequency!