double wound secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:24:54 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: double wound secondary

Hey everybody,
     I know, this topic has been covered an awful lot in the archives, I
looked; but there seems to be some disagreement, weather it is good or
bad.  It seems lately, everybody now thinks it is not such a bad idea, as
it decreases the resistance, therefore increasing output.  But, from what
I know of formulas and such, two inductors (since a coil is essentially an
inductor) in parallel decreases the inductance, which should decrease
voltage out?  Does this situation not apply with a transformer, or does
the resistance decrease make that much of a difference to make up for it?
Or, does nobody actually know why it works so well?  Just curious (and
considering double winding my 6-in secondary). Scott Bogard.

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx