Re: bang power ? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:38:49 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: bang power ? (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]

Hi Phil,

Yes, Dr. Mark did indeed create the MandK program - a LONG time ago... :^)

The example provided in the above FAQ used an example where the inner
and outer diameter of two different primaries were the same, but one
primary had 5 turns, while the other had 10. Since both the inner and
outer diameters were the same and only the number of primary turns
changed, "k" remained the same when using a common secondary diameter
and length. Since the overall primary and secondary geometric
relationship stays the same (only the number of primary or secondary
turns change), "k" stays constant.

In the example I provided for Chris, I assumed that we used the same
primary before and after (i.e., "all other things remain the same"
except for doubling Cp). However, the primary tap location needed to
change in order to halve Lp so that we could bring the system back into
tune. But changing the primary tap has the effect of changing the
primary's effective outer diameter. Since this changes the geometric
relationship between primary and secondary, we do, in fact, alter "k".

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured