RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:13:43 -0600
From: S&JY <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

Just a tip about placement of your spool of wire:  The picture below shows
it normally unwinding by spinning the entire reel of wire.  I prefer to set
the spool vertically on the floor and pull it off the reel over the top end
of it.  This reduces the likelihood of breaking the wire as it spins up the
heavy reel, or having a mess of wire as the heavy reel coasts down, if the
reel is mounted horizontally.  The twisting of the wire coming off a
vertically placed reel causes no problems at all.

--Steve Y.