Oregon coilers? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 22:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rick K. <hyperparasite@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Oregon coilers?

Hello,

I have just discovered this great mailing list and am
wondering if there are some coil builders in the
Portland, Oregon area who are interested in getting
together. (or anywhere in the NW for that matter)

My vocational background in neon sign fabrication
interested me in high voltage apparatus, which
prompted me to join the TCBA many years ago.  I
certainly enjoyed reading the newsletters, but never
got around to actually starting a project because some
elements of the design/construction remained cryptic
to me despite reading books like Pringle's guide.

Now I am itching to move forward with a small SGTC, or
VTTC.  I am impressed by the wealth of information now
available on the web compared to when I used to search
around for it in years past.

Attending a Teslathon event is of great interest to
me, but I have only found reference online to several
meetings in other parts of the country.  Does the west
coast of the US not have many of these events?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions...

Regards,

Rick