Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:36:18 -0700
From: Teslacoil Workshop <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

Peter,

You wrote: "I would always worry that it would create havoc with the radio
mikes and other electronics."

Imagine running one's coil surrounded by many millions of dollars of other
people's light and sound equipment, the talent and crew and several lawyers.
That is what we do at the office. ;-)

> It looks to have a circular surround. Do you do anything to ensure sparks
go
> in all directions?

Yes, it is a simple grounded ring. Equidistant spacing...

> I had discussions with Frank Tabbita's crew (Frank does the one man show
of
> Tesla which came to Australia) regarding some form of HV on stage. I
> couldn't really think of something safe enough for all especially to take
> away.

I had breakfast with the producers of Frank's play last Saturday. kVA
Effects is going to develop props that will enhance (hopefully) the
production and keep Frank safe, happy and able to focus on acting. This is a
fantastic play and everybody on this list should drag people to it. What may
seem like a dry historical look at Tesla's life is really a fascinating play
about Tesla and much more.

Jeff