Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:40:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil  (fwd)

18-20" isn't bad at all for a 180 Watt coil.

You're right about the toroid size--there's a
practical limit as to how big an object a Tesla coil
can charge.  If a bigger toroid makes you sparks
smaller, you've exceeded the limit.  Just for grins,
you might try a smaller top terminal--just to see what
happens.

Careful tweaking might get you up to 22" sparks.
Really though, if you want bigger sparks, you need
more wallplug power.  Try paralleling another 6/30 NST
and increasing your tank cap size.

Greg