Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:38:35 -0400
From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil  (fwd)

Amir,

Yes, more power will give longer sparks.? Mica capacitors

are excellent if you don't overvolt them, and if they are

the true transmitting type which are high quality.? There

are lower quality mica caps which are not designed for

high tesla currents.? I get 42" sparks from my TT-42

coil using a 12/30 robest NST, and a 0.0145uF poly cap.
I use a 120 bps sync rotary, and a 4" x 13" spun aluminum
toroid.

http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html

John