Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:44:23 -0600
From: Gary Peterson <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

     ". . . I gave to the world a wireless system of potentialities far
beyond anything before conceived.  I made explicit and repeated statements
that I contemplated transmission, absolutely unlimited as to terrestrial
distance and amount of energy.  But, altho I have overcome all obstacles
which seemed in the beginning unsurmountable and found elegant solutions of
all the problems which confronted me, yet, even at this very day, the
majority of experts are still blind to the possibilities which are within
easy attainment." [Nikola Tesla, "The True Wireless," Electrical
Experimenter, May 1919.]

     "Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and
they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a
structure which has no relation to reality. . . ." [Nikola Tesla, "Radio
Power Will Revolutionize the World," Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July
1934.]

     ". . . the more we learn about high frequency phenomena, resonance and
radiation today, the nearer we find ourselves approaching what we at one
time were inclined, through a species of intellectual myopia, to regard as
the fascinating but fantastical speculations of a man who we are now
compelled . . . to admit was a prophet." [John Stone Stone]