Re: New Video up (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 02:22:08 -0500
From: Jeff Larson <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Video up (fwd)

The pitch is determined by the amount of pulses in a given time.  If I send 60 pulses
per sec, I get 60 sparks per second giving me a 60 Hz tone close to a B that is rich
in harmonics and shall we say  very high in in THD  (total harmonic distortion).
:-)  If I want to hear a middle C, I send about 261 pulses per sec.  But you have to
remember that each pulse to the coil allows it to go through a ring up of its
resonate frequency. In this case 41kHz.
So I guess to answer the question,  the note being playing is the "electronic
breakrate".  There are other things going on here with the sound that I am still
learning about.  This stuff about how your brain can create the fundamental frequency
s  from some of its harmonics when the fundamental is missing?  The brain is a
incredible signal processor.

Jeff