RE: Tesla literature (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:42:39 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Tesla literature (fwd)

Drake,
     The ultimate source for information about Tesla and his devices is
his Colorado springs notes, but I think you will need to fork over some
cash to buy a copy, in my opinion it would be worth it to have such a
book.  I think the reason it is sometimes difficult to read some of
Tesla's writing, is that he only wrote what he thought necessary, the rest
was in his head, I do the same thing with my class notes, and my grades
improved when I started doing this (I'm not promoting this practice, I'm
just saying I can see why Tesla would do such a thing).  If you want
information about Tesla's life, all of it, I would suggest you get "Tesla,
Master of Lightening" from Barnes and Noble, as I mentioned very recently
in another post, it is well cited, and a good read (so far), but not
incredibly technical.  It states what he did and when, not really how he
did it too much (once again, this book is not free).  I think you could
get a lot more than 10 pages out of Tesla!  As for information about Tesla
coils, you could use Richie Burnett's website for starters, it has most
everything you ever wanted to know about coil operation (unless of course,
your teacher is on another planet and will not allow even properly cited
internet sources).  And do not forget personal experience, it is always
good to include your own findings, even if they are contradictory to what
is commonly accepted, try to find out why your own case is different, and
write about it (teachers like this).  Do you need a certain number of
sources?  Good luck.

Scott Bogard.