RE: ARDTSG (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:04:29 -0500
From: Crispy <crispy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ARDTSG

Yeah, I think you mentioned this on a thread a few months ago, I had
forgotten about that.  I hope that others will give this a try too ...
looking at many ARSG designs, some would be able to be adapted very
easily.  Another new thing I'm trying is the static gap mentioned in
earlier posts with this thread to try to pulse power at a higher level
to overcome dormitory wattage limits.

Putting the primary in series with the tank cap probably wouldn't do any
harm, but I doubt it would do much good either.  Any amount of energy
contributed to the secondary during the charging pulse would probably be
completely lost before the actual "bang".  In this way, your design
might actually be slightly less efficient, but as you say, I doubt it
would make a discernible difference.

Thanks for the warning about the angle grinder, but mine doesn't seem to
have that problem.  Also, my spacing between rotary and stationary
electrodes is fairly large to allow for somewhat sloppy tolerances due
to my lack of proper tools.

The angle grinder is noisy, but I have it mounted in a structural foam
chest which acts as a shield for noise and particles.  I know that other
motors would probably be better, but I don't have much money to spend.
The angle grinder was $5 on ebay - can't beat that :)

Your method of making a disc is definitely good, but again, I don't
really have the tools.  My tools are essentially limited to an electric
drill with bits, a few hand screwdrivers, and an exacto knife.  I
sometimes get access to a hacksaw, at which points I do all my cutting.
If I need anything other than that, I have to order it.

Chris B