Coil Update (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 20:24:28 -0600
From: Michael Robinson <muze801@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Coil Update

Hi All,

I've recently finished my second coil, and thought that I'd check in
with the list.  It has a 6 inch secondary with 1111 turns of #22 wire,
a 6x26 in. toroid, and is powered with a 12/60 nst.
It has a 5 section copper pipe static gap with a leaf blower for
cooling/quenching.

Currently I'm getting 40+ inch sparks with a couple records of 48 in.

Tomorrow I plan on beginning the endeavor of paralleling my 9/60 to
the 12/60 for more power.
This is my first time using NSTs in parallel so if anyone has some
tips, I'd love to hear them.
Also, since these are not a perfect match should I use any extra
precautions to protect them (such as lower the input voltage)?

Thanks,
Michael