RE: double wound secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:01:00 +0000
From: sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: double wound secondary (fwd)

Hi Colin

Correct, and also gives advantage of large inductance / low loss in a
small footprint.  In most cases, a secondary / extra coil with higher inductance
will outperform a coil with lower inductance.  Alex and I are looking at winding
small form factor multiple layer coils like this to allow much higher
current capacity (his dynamite coil [2.375 x 12.5"] failed from overtemp
NOT overvoltage).  In a magnifier producing simultaneous 10-12' streamers
(2 or 3) from a 12" long coil.  And yes I have on video tape and showed
at Ed Wingate's Teslathon this past August.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA