Re: [TCML] Spark gap Resistance

Hi Bart,

Chris, several years ago, 1st notch quenching was the assumed ideal and we tried to do that for all the reason's you stated. What was found is that 1st notch quenching was not easy. Then, we found that when it occurred, it wasn't "wonderful". How could that be? Well, losses of course.

Does seem strange! I think you have to alter a lot of other factors as well. I assume the tests were done just with another RSG (smaller dwell times etc) though other factors will change also... Have been driving myself nuts with it all the past few weeks. Alter one tiny little thing and I end up doing a total re-design of the entire system and get stuck in a never ending "improvement loop" :-(

Chris