From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chris Swinson
Sent: 14 November 2007 15:27
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] 20KV transformer ? (UK)

Hi all,

looking for a 20KV 50mA supply if anyone can help. I have 2 10KV NST's here
which I use, though I can't link those in series as they are centre tap to
ground anyway :-(  So wonder if there is any 10KV types which can be linked
in series for 20KV.

Was also wondering if the output voltage could be increased without a large
charging choke. Would there be any way to charge up 2 cap banks in parallel
and discharge them in series to get 20kv ? I half have an idea of instead of
running at 100bps run at 50bps and gain a charge in 1 cap on positive mains
cycles and charge the second cap on the negative mains cycles ?

cheers,
Chris