Transformer core removed... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 04:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: M G <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Transformer core removed...

p {margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}
I was finally able to remove the core of the 15kv 30ma NST I've been
working on. It's been a long process. First I heated the core in oven,
which removed most of the tar, but not the tar holding the core in place.
After I soaked the opened case in kerosene for a little more than a week,
but this failed to remove the tar holding the core in. I then let the
case dry out for over three weeks, and finally today I heated the case
again, but in the grill this time.

After the core budged I set it on some aluminum foil. When I went to
trash the foil it still had some really hot tar on it. This ended up
accidentally getting on two of my fingers. It burned both areas really
good, and I couldn't remove the tar until it cooled. Make sure to use
some thick gloves when doing this kind of work, because burn! s really
are not fun. Removing the core also tore off one of the high voltage
windings connection, but I believe this may be a simple fix. It seems the
connection was just attached to a metallic plate on the winding. If
anyone can verify this for me that would be great. The NST is a
Franceformer.

Well, considering I am typing with one and half hands I think I'll end
this here...

Thanks,
Matt G.

Love Games? Gamesville is Waiting for You...
Free Online Games, Fat Cash $ Prizes
Plus Bingo, Solitaire, Poker& Much More! http://www.gamesville.com