RE: Teletype motor

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I would recommend the "propeller gap" configuration over a conventional
disk.  Propeller gaps are well-suited to low powered motors and are much
easier to construct.  Mine is documented at
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm, and Terry Blake's is at
http://tb3.com/tesla/sparkgaps/index.html

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: "Anthony R. Mollner" <penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I finally got my hands on a genuine teletype synchronous motor! Now
what do
> I do with it, haha? It is an 1800 rpm single phase motor of the 1/40th
hp
> type. I cleaned and oiled it and it seems to work just great. What are
the
> groups opinion on designing the gaps, BPS, etc. and I will make it.
Thanks