Re: maxwell pulse cap.

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Scott

I had several Maxwell caps over the time, all of the
37667 type 35KV, 30nF.
I noticed minor leaking with one of them, at the hole
where they fill the caps with oil. This could be fixed with
a little cleaning and new teflon tape for the seal.
Of course, even a small leak might eventually get too
much over a long time.... Where does your cap leak?
I am not sure about the idea off putting the cap in an
oilbath. This is even advised for the 100kV types, but
for different reasons. The oil inside the caps is to my
knowledge not ordinary transformer oil. It feels quite different
and easily spreads over surfaces, it almost feels like it has the
ability to flow everywhere, even up the walls... quit messy.
This might further intensify any leaking tendencies.
The point is, I am not sure if one might contaminate the oil
inside the cap under these conditions.
If it leaks only in one place, you can still mount it with that side
facing upwards....

regards
Christoph Bohr