Slide Choke Help

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone,

Ive just aquired as of Saturday, May 05 2007, A nice PT from Aaron H.. Although, I need to make a ballast for it so I can finally turn the thing on :D I would like to mkae one that is about capapable of being variable between 1A and 40A or so and, i would like some help on constructing one. I have poked around on the internet and on the list but, most links that were given are now dead or, the topic was so old, the technology is like out of date. I need help because, I have NO idea how large this thing should be and how to start going about making it, what gauge wire to wrap around the PVC, how many turns, how long should the PVC Be, etc...

I can go and buy stuff but, as of now, I have PVC pipe in the ranges of 1.5" ID to 6" ID, loads of coax cable, 2 100 ft. rolls of 18g baling wire, 10' .25" copper refrigerator tubing, 22AWG magnet wire, and..some other stuff.

So, any ideas from people that have made this kind of variable ballast, throw them out there for all to learn.

Thank You,
Shelton

Thank You,

H.S.J.