Re: Equi-drive vs. standard drive, was SGTC

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/1/07 12:56:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Agreed! I'm surprised Hull didn't stress bleeders  as mandatory. He still has
a nice collection of very serious high voltage caps,  and he's no novice!

Phil,

Hull used a shorting rod to short out the caps to
remove the charge after running the system.  He stored the rod near
the coil as a reminder to use it.  It was necessary to
short each of the two caps a few times each to be sure the charge
was gone.  I used that method too when I experimented with
equi-drive.  If I remember correctly, the caps held a charge
every time I ran the system.

John

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.