Re: Of notches, coupling and frequency splitting

Hi Finn,

With a coupling of 0.0688.., it seems like the frequency splitting would be small. Have you calculated what the split would be?? (I dont have the equation)

Gerry R.

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

All,
In an attempt to find an explanation of the subject that I can understand, I modeled a tesla coil in Orcad. It has Cpri=33nF, Lpri=77uH Csec=33pF Lsec=77mH and K12=0.0688836105 So that it should have it`s first notch after 7,5 primary cycles.